The Ontario aerospace industry is situated in the heart of Canada's strongest and most diverse technology-based industrial and commercial business community. Ontario's aerospace industry is highly diversified across the supply chain with important clusters in Eastern Ontario, Southwestern Ontario and Niagara. It industry generates approximately $5.3B in sales annually.
Ontario supports cutting-edge aerospace programs for more than 125 aerospace programs around the world including OEMs such as Airbus, Boeing, Bombardier and Lockheed Martin. There are over 200 competitive aerospace companies in Ontario including several global OEMs, Tier 1 integrators, and Tier 2 and Tier 3 suppliers. These include:
- OEMs such as Bombardier, Airbus Helicopter Canada and Pratt and Whitney Canada
- Tier 1 integrators like Honeywell, MDA, Messier-Dowty, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Canada Aerospace and UTC Aerospace Systems
- Tier 2 suppliers including Centra Industries, Cyclone Manufacturing, Noranco and Safran Electronics, and
- A wide range of aerospace / aviation design, manufacturing, and product support capabilities.
Ontario's aerospace industry is delivering innovative solutions for fuel efficiency, emissions control and noise reduction, whether it's innovative technologies for engines or lightweight materials and advanced communication systems. Ontario companies are globally competitive across diverse market segments such as commercial and business aircraft, commercial helicopters, wings and fuselage, landing gear systems, and satellite systems. Exports represent approximately 80% of Ontario's aerospace revenues making Ontario's industry uniquely responsive to global markets and trends.
Ontario - Aerospace Leadership
Ontario has some 200 aerospace companies. Bombardier's Q400 series regional aircraft and its Global Series of business jets are assembled in Toronto, Ontario.
Ontario's more than 200 aerospace firms:
- sell approximately $5.3 billion annually
- employ over 17,000 highly skilled workers
- are developing lighter, greener, stronger, more efficient next generation products using advanced polymers, bio-composites and super conductive materials, and
- have broad capabilities including: regional, business and special-purpose aircraft, turbine engines, landing gear systems, aerospace structures and environmental and electrical systems.